Joseph Pilates(1883-1967) gave the name "contrology" to his physical conditioning system. He defined it as physical and mental conditioning, recognizing early on that complete mental focus is integral to physical health and require the same amount of practice before it is mastered.
At Pilates of New Paltz we teach this neurologic connection along with the physical, insuring an optimal workout, beautiful execution of movement,and a fully engaged mind.
"I don't know what I would do without Pilates. Elise has gotten me through every injury and orthopedic surgery. I has helped me to rebuild my body after ongoing surgery and strengthened my core."
Adrienne (New Paltz)
- More aligned and supported posture
- Increased flexibility and joint range of motion
- Development of core strength and stability
- Better balance and coordination
- Relief from joint pain
- A phenomenal sense of well being!